Sean got tagged with one of those blog surveys that’s going around. His is about movies instead of books or music, and he tagged me, so here’s my answers.
1. The total number of movies I own:
Between 60 and 70, depending on how you count trilogies and TV series. All on DVD except for a beat-up copy of Black-Belt Jones, Nine Deaths of the Ninja, and Six-String Samurai.
2. The last movie I bought:
Annie and I bought Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle on a whim for $10 at Freddies, and I also just got my copy of Mars Attacks! from Amazon.
3. The last movie I saw:
Annie and I just saw Batman Begins in the theater, and it was incredible. Very authentic to Frank Miller, and not too cartoony.
4. Five movies/DVDs that mean a lot to me:
- The Blues Brothers – If not my favorite, this is easily one of my favorite movies ever. It was the first movie I bought on DVD. I love everything about this movie, and I’ve watched it more times than I can count. I’m also nearly incapable of watching the movie without reciting trivia about it to whoever I’m watching with.
- Monty Python’s Holy Grail – It’s almost impossible to get tired of watching this, and it was one of the first DVDs I bought. Plus, the DVD is loaded with goofy extras, like the pseudo-shakespearean subtitles, or the Camelot song redone with lego figures.
- The Matrix – As much as I hated the sequels for failing to live up to their potential, I still think that the original is one of the defining moments of cinema for my generation. I still frequently throw this DVD in just to watch the dojo scene, and I love how much of the story is left unspoken for the viewer to fill in the blanks (unlike the sequels).
- The Lord of the Rings Special Editions – The movies are virtually perfect, and the DVDs are just as good. The special features are unmatched, and I love watching the one on the first movie about the cast, where they all do impressions of each other.
- While the first four movies are firmly entrenched in my mind and I was able to say all of them without any hesitation, I’m having trouble filling this slot. If you asked me two months ago, you’d get a different answer than today, or two months from now. Recent favorites include Napoleon Dynamite, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead, and Invader Zim.
5. Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:
I would say Miles, but he doesn’t have a blog, and I don’t think he even reads mine. Maybe he could do an Isometric about it?
I would say Zach or Sean, but they’ve already been tagged.
I’ll pass the hot potato on to Urn and Sig9 and anyone else who wants it.